At CVHS, it’s all about making the right match between an animal and a potential adoptive person or family. We do not have applications to adopt our animals. We do collect some basic information about you and we ask you to participate in a survey. The adoption process at CVHS is warm, positive, and informative. Our goal is to help you find a pet whose personality is a good match for your lifestyle, and families for our animals whose lifestyles fit all of their needs.
We use the ASPCA’s Meet Your Match program to help us learn more about you and our animals so you can meet your best match.
Meet Your Match (MYM)
You could be gazing at the animal of your dreams, but you just can’t tell what she’s thinking behind that furry face. What if you knew a little something about her personality and habits before you moved in together? The Meet Your Match program is the only method in existence today that evaluates an animal’s behavior and interests and matches them to an adopter’s preferences so that you take home a pet you can really click with.
Learn more about the program here: Meet Your Match
All adoptions are done by a phone appointment (no one is allowed in the building). To complete the survey, click one of the links below.
Be sure to fill out both pages please and email back to [email protected]
Don’t see an available pet on our website who looks like they might be a good fit? Fill out the Adoption Survey and email it to [email protected] We will keep your survey on file for three months. We will not “approve” or “deny” your information, we will keep it on file for when you decide the time is right to adopt. Your form will have lots of information that will help us make a potential match, and we may reach out to you about an animal currently at the shelter or in foster care, or one that comes in while your information is on file with us.
A few notes about adoptions at CVHS:
- We do not put “holds” on animals or “take money down” on a pet, we do same-day adoptions.
- When an animal is adopted, s/he is removed from our website automatically at the time of the adoption.
- When an animal is adopted, s/he must go home immediately.
- Making matches takes time. We will talk to you for at least a half hour, maybe longer, to make the best match.
- Adopting a cat? Please bring a carrier with you. Cardboard and plastic carriers are each available for purchase at the time of adoption.
- Adopting a dog? Please bring a leash and collar with you. Leashes, collars, and harnesses are available for purchase at the time of adoption.
Remember, many of the animals available for adoption at CVHS come to us with very little history. It can be difficult to determine the age and/or breed of an animal. Many of our animals are mixed breed, or a veterinarian has estimated an age range for us. However, our animal listing system requires that we choose a date of birth as well as a breed. Please ask an Adoption Counselor for more information about the particular animal for which you have interest.