ASPCA Pet Loss Hotline
Pet parents can receive help from the ASPCA Pet Loss Support program with the following issues:
- Assistance with the decision to euthanize.
- Comfort and support at the time of euthanasia.
- Help with grieving the loss.
- Advice on dealing with children, the elderly or disabled individuals who are facing a death of a companion animal.
- Helping the surviving animals in the household to cope.
- Assistance in establishing a relationship with a new pet.
For support dealing with the loss of a pet, including information on meeting the emotional needs of children at the time of a pet’s death, please call our Pet Loss Hotline at (877) GRIEF-10.
- Coping With Loss
- Pet Loss Frequently Asked Question from the ASPCA
- Ten Tips on Coping with Pet Loss
- Explaining Pet Loss to Children
- Dog Dogs Mourn?
- End-of-Life Care for Pets
- Ten Common Questions About Pet Loss